Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Weekly Body Check-In: No Excuses


logo for Readers' Workouts
Join in on the Readers' Workouts
on Joy's Book Blog
Although I ended the week with a wicked head cold (thanks to my loving husband who loves to share everything), I still did my daily boot camp workout.  Well, except on Friday and Saturday when I tried the Firm Zip Medicine Ball Kit.

As I mentioned on Monday, I had hoped to start doing a daily meditation but, because of the cold, I put off doing a meditation.  However, everything I’ve ever read about exercising while sick says that, if you do not have a fever and/or you don’t have aches and pains, then there’s no reason not to exercise.  So, after taking my one day off on Sunday, Monday I did the workout and, much to my surprise, I was able to breathe better after about five minutes.

No excuses boot camp indeed.  I am not allowing anything to get in my way this time.  Not that I ever have, fighting every step of the way to do whatever I can.  I’ll write a review of the medicine ball kit, once I’ve used it a few more times.   For now, all I can say is that it makes me feel clumsy and uncoordinated but that is something that could change over time.  Sometimes it’s just a matter of getting accustomed to a program and learning the expectations.  Or maybe it’s more about letting go of my expectations and just doing the exercise, even when I don’t do it perfectly.   

I lost 0.4 lbs this week.  Not surprised that the loss slowed down.  I knew it would eventually.

6 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the review of the medicine ball kit.

    Good for you for getting your workout in even when you're not feeling your best. My experience has generally been that exercise makes me feel better, no matter what the ailment, but it's sometimes hard to convince myself of that in the moment.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That resistance, when I'm not feeling my best, may be the very reason I am making a point of doing my workout in the morning. It does make a difference.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather. I appreciate your checking in. One of my reasons for holding myself accountable each and every day, even on days when I am taking a day off. :)

      Delete
  3. Good for you...working out even though you didn't feel well!!
    I have a few medicine balls and love them, so I can't wait to see what you think of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, so far the two workouts I've tried made me feel very awkward and uncoordinated but it may be a matter of my becoming accustomed to the moves. We'll see. I definitely plan on making it a core part of my workout after the boot camp ends.

      Delete