Sunday, March 16, 2014

An Eventful Week Indeed

If you read last week’s post, it should come as no surprise that this week has been eventful.   I went to The Doctor’s office on Monday and Tuesday mornings, shadowed the woman she hired to do the job for which I myself was interviewed.  For obvious reasons, I won’t be able to say a lot about what I am doing.  At times like these, I wish my name were Jane Doe because I could more freely share without concern, still using pseudonyms and avoiding too many details to obscure specifics.  With a name like Satia, it’s best to err on the side of caution. 

I’ve been reviewing one of my textbooks from the course I took in 2012, reminding myself of details that are easily forgotten over the 2 years since I first studied the material and now, the kind of things where you easily lose if you don’t use them.  Theory versus practice, obviously.

Thursday was the big day for the household because Holly has been neutered.  Poor Rob was not feeling well the day before and was up at least ten times during the night and then he had to get up super early to take her to the vet where she stayed for the day.  When she came home, she was doped up and groggy.  She drank a little, didn’t want to touch her food, and just took care of herself as best she could.  So I was in the same room with her, making sure she didn’t try to clean the wound, and being overly anxious.  Why so anxious, Satia?

Well, last time we sent a dog to have a surgery, the end result was lethal

By Friday morning, her tail was up but not frequently.  Still, it was a good sign.  On Saturday, she even started wanting to play.  Of course, we have to be careful about what we let her do.  We simply cannot let her do whatever she wants.  She’s healing and this is where we have to be like a parent, making sure out little girl doesn’t do something that causes post-surgical complications.

The rest of the week was relatively uneventful.  I exercised (I'll write more about that on Tuesday) and walked with Kanika.  I talked to my mother and Rob went to see Bibi dance at a local high school.  Speaking of Brianna, she won a writing contest at her school for her grade level.  She wrote about snails and even drew a picture.  Yes, I know you can't really see it but here is what it says:
A snail is slimy.  A snail has a sell.  A snail is lihgt brown.  Snails eat leavs. A snail livs on a leef.  they move very slow.
The snail is a happy snail, probably because there's a sun in the sky (upper left) and a leaf right by it's happy face.  So that's pretty nifty.  She's definitely surrounded with a lot of people who encourage learning.  Poor thing doesn't stand a chance!

2 comments:

  1. I bet you are seeing and learning some really interesting things there thus far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OE, It was definitely interesting today but in a way that I can't explain on my blog for anyone to see. I am not sure if things will settle down over the next few days or not. We'll see . . .

      Delete