Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In with Holly Update

Holly update before anything else. 

Monday morning, I woke up and took her and Snowdoll outside.  Holly’s tail was up, curled as it should be.  It was sooooo good to see her tail up and perky again.  She even gave my nose a quick lick.  Once back inside, I went to pet her and her tail twitched. 

I was soooo excited!  (And I’m totally spoiling any opportunity to share all of this on my Sunday weekly update but there’s no reason to wait until this weekend to share good news!) 

When Rob woke up, she was still tail-up-perky, and then she booped Snowdoll on the head, wanting to play.  And that is how she was all day long.  Wanting to play.  So sweet.  Back to her usual self. 

Only not quite.  We’re waiting for a bowel movement.  Just one.  She was doing fine on Sunday but the vet had given her a flush, if you will, so she should have done something on Sunday.  Monday she did nothing.  So we went from thinking we had to euthanize her (Saturday) to watching her suffer (Sunday) to finally seeing her behave normally (Monday) to watching over her for still more normal (today).  If there’s still nothing, we may have to return to the vet.  There may still be a surgery.  We don’t know.  Not yet.  Yesterday it all felt okay and today it’s back to this unknowing nothing.

I did my weekly weigh-in and I have officially lost my first 10%.  This is wonderful progress and worthy of celebrating but I was happier about that boop on Snowdoll’s head than I was/am about the numbers.  Yes, I’m exercising daily and doing all of the things I should be doing.  I skipped exercising on Sunday (can you blame me?).  I’ll exercise today and continue trying to like the kit I’m using.  I like elements of it but right now my focus, my energy, my everything is on Holly’s health.  As for me?  I’m merely going through the motions, doing what I know is right and good for my health, because I’m powerless to do more than I am already doing for hers.


I really hope today the canned dog food and the canned pumpkin will work some magic on her puppy bowels.  I really do.

6 comments:

  1. I am so happy that she is feeling better! Now, I just hope she gets those bowels going today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, She's clearly feeling better, wanting to play and such. No more pain. But that will return if she doesn't do something soooo . . . let's hope today.

      Delete
  2. Ten percent is a terrific milestone! It feels odd to be praying for a BM for a dog -- but I'll send some healing energies in Holly's direction!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must have worked, Joy, because she finally had a bowel movement and all is right with our world!

      Delete
  3. Please keep us updated on Holly. Hopefully her bowls move soon without the need to take her back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OE, There's already another post (or should be anyway) saying she finally had a bowel movement late yesterday. And she had another small one this morning. We're going to keep feeding her soft food and canned pumpkin and such but I think we're out of the woods, as it were.

      Delete