Tuesday, March 25, 2014

What a Difference a Day Makes


Saturday
Take Holly to the vet.
Vet says we need to do $3000-5000 of surgery.
We can't afford that.
They say we need to euthanize her.

Sunday
We have morphine for Holly's pain.
All we can do is hope for a miracle.
The vet says bring her in tomorrow.

Monday
Holly is a miracle puppy!
She wakes up and her tail is curled and happy.
She boops Snowdoll on the head.
She gives me and Rob love bites.
The vet says if she's behaving okay, we don't need to bring her in.

Tuesday
She hasn't had a bowel movement since Sunday.
The vet says bring her in tomorrow.
I fight not to cry for hours.
Holly has a bowel movement.
The vet says we don't have to bring her in.

Seriously . . . 
I'm exhausted . . . 
and so happy!

6 comments:

  1. Holly is on the mend! Yeah!! I think we all are going to have to adopt Holly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely put us through some stressful times these past few days. And she had me up at midnight last night. When I took her out at 5am, she pooped again. Woohoo!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Apparently she did go again last night when Rob took her out and she went yet again when I took her out this morning. So that's thrice in the last 12 hours. Yay!

      Delete
  3. Glad to hear your miracle happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, I swear Holly is keeping us on our toes. Yesterday, she was beginning to act strange again. I don't know if it's because we now know what to look for and we know what to do about it or what but as soon as we saw her behaving strangely, we were able to address it before she was in pain. Now we just need to learn how to relax and breath a little bit. I don't know how much longer it will be before we feel safe where Holly's health is concerned but for sure we're not quite there yet.

      Delete