Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In: What a Week! What a Loss!

I don’t really have much to say about my exercise except I did a lot of it.  By which I mean, I steam cleaned my carpet more times than I can number.  And I am counting that as exercise. 

I did lose 3.5 lbs last week.  I guess cleaning up Holly’s diarrhea was not conducive to my having an appetite.  Go figure.  As much as I want to lose weight, stressing out over and caring for a dog is not the way I choose to do it.

This week, however, I have plans to get back in the habit (or get into a habit because it feels like that’s all I keep saying “this week I will” do).  I requested and picked up 3 Jillian Michaels DVDs from the library and, since I can only borrow them for one week, I guess that’s what I’ll be doing this week. All three DVDs.  I’ll alternate and give myself a day off sometime this weekend.

The nice thing about finally losing weight is my wardrobe is gradually expanding, again.  I have a pair of slacks I need to have taken in and two that don’t quite fit yet but will 5-10 pounds from now.  But I tried on a couple of skirts, a jacket, a few blouses and lo and behold I have several more pieces I can wear to the office without feeling uncomfortable in things that are too tight. 

It’s been so long since I last had to have things taken in that my seamstress didn’t recognize me.  It feels sooooo good to be unrecognizable in this context!

6 comments:

  1. Cleaning the carpet definitely counts as exercise. I'm glad Holly is feeling better.

    It does feel good when clothes fit again, doesn't it? I'm not there yet, but soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, Given how many times I had to pull out the steam cleaner, fill it with cleaner and water, then go over the carpet--not to mention the numerous loads of laundry I did--it's amazing I managed to get anything else accomplished last week!

      And it feels great! I had very few choices and it became very tiresome and frustrating but now even a few new pieces makes me feel like I'm overflowing with options!

      Delete
  2. Yay! It's great when more clothes work.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, And these are work clothes so I really needed more pieces. I was making do with 3 jackets, 3 skirts, and 1 pair of ill-fitting slacks. But I've lost enough weight to expand this to 4 jackets and 6 skirts. I only go in 3 days a week so I pretty much have enough to get me through a month without wearing the same combination of clothing. I definitely love to mix-and-match!

      Delete
  3. 3 1/2 pounds in one week is a heck of an accomplishment. That's awesome. And I definitely agree that cleaning counts as exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OE, It is. I am guessing I'll either lose nothing this week or regain 1 lb because that's how the body seems to work but if I am confident that a small step back is not enough to affect my ongoing progress. My goal in January was 1 lb a week and I'm ahead of the game so fluctuating weigh-ins aren't too distressing.

      Delete