Monday, June 30, 2014

Halfway Through the Year and . . .

It’s so cliché to say that time seems to be flying by.  How can tomorrow already be July?  I ended May expecting to end my volunteer internship, hoping for a job offer to be made.  June, obviously, imploded on me.  An offer was almost made then not firmly made then made then changed.  And I walked.  So here I am at the end of June trying to figure out what I want for my month of July.

(BTW, if you missed yesterday's post, you might want to stop reading, check it out, and come back to this one.  It's worth it because it puts the above in context.

So what’s going to happen in July?  I obviously don’t know because I didn’t even know what would happen in June but here goes . . .

Daily
Italian—Rob and I have been listening to the Pimsleur cds on my way to and from the office.  I would like to continue that, in spite of my not working.  I’ll just have to schedule time for it each and every day. 
Calligraphy—I would like to start using my supplies.  I keep saying this.  Seems now is the perfect time to make it happen with no trips to the office on my immediate horizon.
Exercise—As I write this, my knee is giving me a lot of trouble. I’ll be seeing a doctor about it soon.  In the meantime, I can do some upper body work and maybe some abs too.

By Month’s End
Assuming my knee gets better, there’s a lot of housework I can get done.  The office has become a bit of a mess.  Okay.  It’s a friggin’ disaster.  I want my office back.  I can make it happen if I can get in there and do things without hurting myself in the process.  So, until my knee heals, I’ll just pretend my office doesn’t exist.

I have a new laptop and I need to learn to navigate my way through it.  It has a touch screen; I don’t even know what to think about that.  One thing I know is that I’m super leery of using it because my old laptop has the conduit virus on it and I don’t want to accidentally transfer something from one laptop to the other.  So I keep avoiding my new toy for fear I’ll make it sick.  Maybe my son is right when he says I don’t need such a bad ass laptop and should just give it to him.


I’ll be getting a new haircut this month.  The guy who is working his way through his certification has given me some really great cuts.  I absolutely love the one I have.  So why would I give it up?  Because hair grows.  And it’s very hard for him to find models willing to go very short.  Which is why I will have a pixie cut by the end of the month.  Actually, I’ll be getting my hair cut tomorrow!  So I’ll be starting the month with a new look.  Sounds like a great way to start the month.  A new look and maybe even a new outlook.  Maybe . . . 

4 comments:

  1. Satia I am using Pimsleur CDs in the car to learn German! They are really helpful. I hope you have an awesome July :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OE, Hopefully Rob and I will have similar success. We also have Rosetta Stone but the computer where we had it is funky. I may upload the software to my new toy. We'll see how that goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of getting a haircut on the first of the month! That is clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suko, It's purely coincidental. The cuts have to be done on Tuesdays for the test outs. I was scheduled to go in last week but, because my knee was troubling me, I asked the stylist if I could beg off, especially as I had just started a new job. Now, although I still have knee problems, I have no job so I can just hobble to the chair and stay.

      Delete