Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Weekly Weigh-In While on Bed Rest

I lost 2 lbs this week, which is truly remarkable.

Why?

Well, if you read my blog post on Sunday then you know I was diagnosed with osteoarthritis and was put on bed rest.  As a result, I haven’t been able to do much.  Part of the weight loss is probably due to the adverse effects of the prescription I was given.   I mean, you can’t have bloody diarrhea and not lose a pound or two.

Still, I went ahead and did a little exercise.  Abs and upper body.  I wish I could do something for my legs, some stretches, some yoga, but I’m extremely limited.  Limited because I have to be careful not to hurt myself.  

In the meantime, I’ve signed myself up for physical therapy.  We’re just waiting for the insurance and such to go through.  Then the physical therapist will teach me how to strengthen my leg without causing any more damage to my knee. 


I do what I can and that’s really all I can do.  All I ever can do.   

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, that really sucks. I hope the physical therapy helps some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, It does suck but I'm keeping myself busy reading and watching DVDs. So far the books have been very good but the movies have been mostly dull.

      Delete
  2. Hope the physical therapy helps and that you're feeling better soon!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, That is my hope as well. We have to wait for the swelling to go down some more, however.

      Delete