Thursday, September 25, 2014

Tentative Itinerary 2015: Day Six

It should come as no surprise to anyone that we will be going to the Tower of London.


This one is so overloaded with history that it's hard to know where to begin.  Not really.  Someone I know who's been said go straight to the Crown Jewels.  So we'll start by looking at the pretty sparkly things. 


They currently have the red poppies installation "Blood Swept Lands and Sea of Red" by Paul Cummins.  And there's a special exhibit focusing on World War I.  I know far more about World War II so I'm sure I'll learn a lot.


After we leave the Tower of London, we plan on heading to the Tower Hamlets Cemetery.


We aren't looking for anyone in particular.  We simply want to visit an old cemetery with old tombstones and such.  As I said, though, so much will depend on the weather.  Going to the Tower is a must but seeing a cemetery is a hopefully, if you know what I mean.


2 comments:

  1. Satia, I am enjoying your travels through your photos and posts. I hope the weather cooperates with your plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suko, The weather was wonderfully cooperative. We have so many photos to share. Soon I'll have time to write the blog posts.

      Delete