Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Advent Calendar Kits

I wanted to share some of the advent calendar resources I found online. None of these require sewing because I don't have a sewing machine. If you sew and would like me to share links to some kits, leave a comment and I'll go look for some more. In the meantime, I hope you find what I'm sharing inspiring
 

 The drawers have the "thumb hole" on both ends so you could easily make two calendars by simply using different designs on the opposite side.  One person used the drawers to make a sort of visual puzzle, not unlike the advent calendar my son brought home from work.  But most people don't go quite that far as you can see here, and here, and here.  I also found some that were Halloween and Valentine's Day themed.  (That's why I thought they could be designed for more than one holiday.)

 
I like this one as well.  Similar concept with the drawers but that center space allows for some more creativity. This can be a family portrait or a mini tableau or even used for jewelry storage. Because of the design, it could be hung up on a wall or stood upright on a flat surface.


This one is made of wood which may last longer and can be as minimalist or as fancy as you like, obviously. 

 
This sort of has the best of the two above with a shadowbox space.  I can easily see this one made into a Nativity Scene with moments leading up to the birth of Christ printed on scrolls tucked into each drawer.  

No doubt, there are many others out there that I didn't find or that didn't immediately excite me.  But this is a start and I'll keep looking, I'm sure.  I like what I've found so far.  I'm even close to falling love.  Now to convince Rob this is a brilliant idea. LOL!  If you find a kit you like, leave a comment and I'll add it to this post for my readers.

4 comments:

  1. Cool! These look like a lot of fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Satia,
    The designs here are very creative and lovely. To be honest, I've never thought to make an advent calendar, or to look for a kit to make one. But what a nice project that would be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suko, I never thought of making one either until I was looking at the one my son got from Starbucks and thought it was something that could be made. And I was talking with someone over on g+ about how the project itself could be an advent calendar, making one drawer a day or something like that.

      Delete