Friday, February 27, 2015

Master Cleanse Day One


You know how in those movies where people are lost at sea and dying of thirst they are warned “Don’t drink the saltwater?”   There’s a reason for that and, if you know the reason, then you’ll fully appreciate why the first part of the MC is unpleasant.

The night before I had made my Salt Water Flush (emphasis intentional) to ensure the salt fully dissolved.  It worked and, to be honest, the SWF was not as unbearable to drink as I had expected.  Westen recommends using a straw to sort of force the drink to the back of the throat. That may be why it was easier for me to drink than say, gargling with salt water, which I hate to do.

The effect is fast.  About 15 minutes after I finished the quart of SWF, I was in the bathroom and pretty much staying there.  I washed my hands so often that the skin started feeling raw.  Other parts of me felt raw too but I’ll leave that to your experiential imagination and move on.

I didn’t have any of the actual Master Cleanse drink until over an hour later. I wasn’t feeling hungry.  (Funny, having diarrhea doesn’t make me feel hungry.)  But when I finally had my first sip I was both pleasantly and unpleasantly surprised. It tastes almost like a hard cider at first. Then the cayenne pepper kicks in.  I thought it might be too spicy for me (because when it comes to spicy foods, I am pathetic) but either I got used to it or my initial few sips were simply an unexpected reaction. 

As you can see from the photo, however, I didn’t finish the gallon.  According to the book, you’re supposed to drink 8-10 8-ozs cups a day.  I simply didn’t do it.  It wasn’t that I wasn’t hungry but I don’t react every time I am hungry and consciously drank water between every glass of the concoction I drank because, doing a cleanse or not, I was determined to get in my daily amount of water.

I mustn’t have been feeling too bad because, not only did I not drink an entire gallon of the mixture, but I forgot to enjoy an afternoon cup of peppermint tea.  Maybe I won’t forget today.  We’ll see.  In the meantime, I begin day 2 and am already gaining some insight.  But I’ll share more about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first day, Satia. I hope it gets easier for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suko, All things considered, it went very well. Starting day three today.

      Delete