Thursday, February 26, 2015

The Master Cleanse Begins


Today I officially begin the Master Cleanse and I'll write all about my full day's experience tomorrow.  But I thought I'd go ahead and share some of the preparation I did for the MC.  In her book, Westen suggests buying Smooth Move tea and having a cup the night before you start the cleanse.  I'd never had the tea before and I confess to not being the best tea drinker. I'm not a purist.  The idea of drinking plain tea--no honey or anything--wasn't exactly my cup of tea, if you know what I mean. But I am trying to write a fair review and that means doing what the book suggests.

Guess what?  The tea is actually quite tasty. I didn't add anything to it and was surprised by how naturally sweet it tasted.  I could easily see wanting to enjoy a cup at any time.  Only, you know, it's called "Smooth Move" for a reason and there are all sorts of warnings on the package about not overdoing it.

Now look closely at what it says on the box under Drink responsibly because I was surprised to see these words:  Smooth Move products are not meantto be used for cleansing or as diet aids.

Oops. I guess somebody didn't tell the author this or she didn't read the label. Nonetheless, I enjoyed my cup and will probably keep this tea around for those times when I need a little . . . loosening.

Anyway, before I went to bed, I mixed up my quart of salt water (2 tsps sea salt in a quart of water) and got a glass and straw ready for the next day. I also made up a gallon of the MC drink itself.  Yes, I knew I would be home and able to make it fresh throughout the day but I also figured that the less time I spend in the kitchen, surrounded with temptation, the better.

Temptation is part of the reason I chose to start this cleanse on a Thursday.  Rob is working.  I make his lunch but that is all.  I don't have to touch or be near food for the rest of the day.  And I've already warned him that I may ask him to make his own lunch.  We'll see how it goes.  I have all of my mental ducks in a row.  I do not have all of my food stuff ducks in a row.  But I'm starting. 

4 comments:

  1. Best wishes. I had to stay out of the kitchen completely during my MC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TMC! I may have to avoid the kitchen after the first day. I definitely find myself thinking about the food that's here. The cheese in the refrigerator, nuts in the cabinet, the . . . I better stop typing. My tummy is rumbling.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you enjoyed the tea, Satia. I enjoyed the bits of humor in this post. Best of luck with your cleanse! Let us know how it goes--keep us posted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suko, I think I have to maintain a sense of humor about this because it aint' gonna be easy. :)

      Delete