Tuesday, March 17, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 10


Exercise

Yoga was lovely but I’m probably skipping the bike today because . . .

I did the 21 Day Fix Lower Fix and I couldn’t even finish all the reps on the last “bonus” move.  Yes.  That is how hard it was or how weak I am.  Not sure which it is but my trying to push through was resulting in bad form and I didn’t want to hurt myself.  Bah humbug!  Remember, I couldn’t do this workout last week because of a defective disc.  So this was my first time doing it and I went ahead and used light 3 lb weights, just because.

To be honest, Autumn offended me for the first and only time on these DVDs.  At one point, she goes to “mess with” one of the guys who is doing the exercises and what does she do?  Teases him for using “girl weights.”  Really?  I guess she never saw this video.



I’m truly disappointed that any woman would use “like a girl” as a way to insult anyone.  I’m sorry that she did this and, while I’m grateful she doesn’t do it on the other workouts, I suspect that I will have a visceral response of sheer disgust each and every time she does it.  Doubly disappointed because, at the same time, she is praising Kat for using lighter weights, encouraging others—including the viewers at home—to work at their personal capacity.  And yes, I get that she was “messing with” the guy but, for me, I wish she could have found a way to do so that wasn’t so sexist.

(Bonus Sexist Comment:  When he tells her to give him an extra pair of weights, so that he's using two pairs, she actually says that now he is doing it like a man.  *sigh*)

Diet

I looked through the Eating Plan again and I noticed what I had already pointed out while doing the 3 Day Quick Fix:  The yellow containers are done for the day at lunch.  Okay.  So today and tomorrow and the rest of the week, I am going to make a more conscious effort to eat the designated foods at the same time delineated in the suggested menu.  For lunch I’ll be having soup and salad. 


Progress

There probably would be nothing to say about my progress that isn’t already implied in my exercising every day and such but Rob surprised me yesterday and said he had ordered something more for me. And he insisted it isn’t a birthday present (yes, my birthday is coming up) which is why I know what my surprise is going to be.  A new workout DVD set.  Do you want to know what it is now or would you like to wait to find out when I start it?  I’ll let you, my dear readers, decide. 

2 comments:

  1. I do everything "like a girl", because I am a girl and very proud of it. I hate when people think that is a put down.

    I can wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. I will wait to say anything. :)

      Delete