Friday, March 20, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 13



Exercise

Not a good day for me physically.  Balance is off.  Knees feeling delicate.  Still, neither of these stopped me from pushing through. I modified.  Side lunges not quite so wide.  Squats not quite so deep.  Modified yes; compromised no.  In the 21 Day Fix Dirty 30 workout you use weights so I grabbed both light and heavy weights and hit it every time.  And I always did bilateral lifts even though alternating lifts are allowed.  Yes!

Morning yoga.  Love it!  I think on Sunday I will not use the DVD and just do the practice on my own, holding the various asanas longer, allowing my body time to fully explore each pose. 

Because Rob is home, I will be using the bike later.  I’m writing this before using the bike so you’ll just have to take my word for it that I used it. 


Diet

Hungry hungry hungry.  If I’m still this hungry after this first 21 days, I’ll consider moving up a level for the second cycle.  Before you begin the 21 Day Fix, you calculate how many calories you can eat to lose weight and this number determines how many containers of vegetables, fruit, protein, etc. you get a day.  Because most days I don’t only do the 30 minutes but add yoga and/or the bike, doing between 50 and 80 minutes of exercise a day,  I may very well need to eat more food. 

Progress

I love messing with Rob. Every time he hugs me I ask, “Can you feel a difference?”  Of course, I don’t actually expect him to feel or see any difference. Not at this point, anyway.  But at the end of April . . . yeah, hopefully he’ll say something without my coaxing. 

Depending on how I feel tomorrow, I may be doubling up a bit next week.  I know I could increase the size of the weights I use (currently 3 & 5 lbs) but it makes more sense for me to just double up what I’m doing.  I looked at the schedule and there is a recommended doubling exercise plan that includes mixing cardio with Pilates or adds abdominal with strength. We’ll see how stiff/sore my muscles are tomorrow morning before I made a decision.  Can’t believe that after only two weeks I am already feeling like I can do more.  Then again, given my looooong history of pushing myself, maybe I shouldn’t be so surprised.

6 comments:

  1. This is your friend Trina (notabbienormal) on MFP. I can't wait to see how the room turns out. I'm following your progress on this 21 Day Fix, and I will try to do a better job commenting! I'm not a good blogger or commenter usually, but I try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, Trina! I can't wait to see how the room turns out when it is done too! No worries. Love comments when I get them but I keep blogging even without them. :)

      Delete
  2. Good job, Satia! You are inspiring me. Enjoy this first weekend of Spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suko. I hope you enjoy your first weekend of spring. I'm meeting a friend for coffee tomorrow morning. Looking forward to it.

      Delete
  3. Hope Rob will feel a difference soon! If you keep it up he will be feeling a big difference in the future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too, Betty. I'll be sure to share when he does.

      Delete