Monday, March 09, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 2

My tshirt

Exercise

Woke up feeling only slightly sore. Sore enough to feel like I did something but not so sore I can’t do more today.  Perfect. 

Today was upper body.  I didn’t use weights yesterday because I wasn’t sure what to expect. It’s easier for me to catch myself before a fall when I’m not holding anything.  But today was upper body and it only made sense to grab some weights.  Light weights. Only 3 lbs.  I think I’ll be able to add in the heavier weights next time, if how I feel right now is any indication.  In the meantime, it was a good workout. I didn’t sweat as much but I don’t feel like I did nothing.  Had some trouble with my knees and the pushups and plank, mostly because I’m exercising on a hard wood floor (and have bad knees) so I’ll have to be careful going in and out of those.  Still, I know what to do and how to protect myself.  And I’ve made it through 2 days without thinking it’s impossible.  I finished before 7am and felt oh-so-accomplished. 

Yesterday, I also used the bike and will do so again today.  
A couple of pages from my Smashbook

Diet

Eating six meals a day is easier said than done.  By the fourth meal, I started feeling nauseous.  Rob was teasing me about my going from one extreme (the Master Cleanse) to another (eating six times a day).  As with the cleanse, I’m committed to giving this my all and the 3DQF has me eating six times a day so I shall eat six times a day again today.  Only three days of eating so much and then things get normal.  I will say that spices are my friend. I mixed things up by adding different types of spices throughout the day and it really helped me get through some of the redundancy.

Another page from my smashbook

Progress

I’m one of those who weighs daily.  The usual party-line is that one should only weigh weekly but there is research that some people do well weighing daily.  I’m one of those people.  If I see higher numbers, I am less likely to make excuses to skip exercising.  And if I see lower numbers, I am motivated to do more.   After eating six times yesterday, often forcing myself to eat, I’m surprised to say that I lost nearly a pound.  How the hell does that even happen?  Oh, wait.  When I went to the doctor and was working with a nutritionist, I was told I didn’t eat enough calories.  So here I am.  Surprise!   


2 comments:

  1. Happy to see you are making progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arezoo, Yes, I am. The weight is definitely coming off and I'm feeling stronger every day.

      Delete