Saturday, March 28, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 21

Sweating Round 1 Friday

Exercise

So sleepy. The perfect day to start with morning yoga and then do 21 Day Fix Yoga Fix workout.  And today is the last of my 21 days.  Tomorrow I will be taking me “after” measurements and know how many pounds/inches I’ve lost these past three weeks.  I’m eager to see the stats.  And I’m scared to see them as well.  Stay tuned . . .

Diet

Today is the last day of the 3 Day Quick Fix.  Tomorrow I’ll be back on the usual 21 Day Fix meal plan but I’m considering moving up a level.  I feel tired most of the time.  It is easy to say that part of the reason I feel tired is that I’ve been sleeping poorly due to the night sweats I’ve been experiencing. (We’re going to pick up some black cohosh and maybe I can start sleeping well again.) 

I won’t go up a level until I am doing 21 Day Fix again, starting on 6 April.  Starting on the first, I’ll be doing two challenges.  First is a 30 Day Crunch Challenge.  The second will be a surya namaskar challenge, doing one Sun Salutation on the 1st, two on the 2nd, etc., building up to 30 on each side by the end of the month.  I’ve been doing my morning yoga again (and loving it) and I remember being pleasantly surprised with the results when I did this challenge before.  When I began doing it, I could not put my left leg up between my hands but halfway through the month I started being able to do it and consistently too.  Since one of my goals for April is to increase my flexibility, I am returning to what I know worked for me before. 

And I realize that I just ended the "diet" section talking about exercise. Oops.

Exercise Round 2

Progress

Tomorrow is the big day, to see how effective the 21 Day Fix worked for me.  I’ll be writing a review of the DVDs and in April I’ll begin posting reviews of workout DVDs starting in April, with a focus on exercising with a balance disorder and/or severe osteoarthritis (and, of course, knee pain that comes with the osteoarthritis). 

So, although technically this is the final post about my 21 Day Fix journey, this is not the final post about 21 Day Fix and, since I’m already planning on doing it for a second round, there will be more posts about my fitness, albeit not so focused on this particular exercise program.  What will I be focused on? Well, I keep saying that I have announcements coming.  Just another reason to stick around.   

8 comments:

  1. I'm excited for you. I'm starting Monday. Even if your results are not what you hope remember you are making progress. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melodie, I'm excited too. Waking up before I share the results.

      Delete
  2. Yea! You completed it! Birthday cake time again! I know you still have goals to reach, but just getting through the first 21 day fix is a reason to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, With most of my family being out of town, I won't be baking a cake for my birthday. Too much leftover. But I will be having something decadent and wonderful and I promise there will be pictures.

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to see what your birthday extravagance will be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! But I'm more eager to eat it. All of it!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I shall. Every indulgent moment of it. :)

      Delete