Tuesday, March 10, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 3


Exercise

Because of my balance and knee issues, I have a tendency to watch an exercise before I actually do it.  This gives me a heads up on what to expect.  And because today is a lower body routine (called Lower Fix), I knew I should watch the DVD before giving this morning’s workout a go.  Boy, am I glad I did.  Ends up, the DVD doesn’t play on any of our players.  We tried it on three devices and all three of them stall after a few minutes into this one workout.  That doesn’t seem to be a problem on any of the other workouts on the DVD but this one lower body one simply would not play.

I didn’t let that get in my way or slow me down!  The brochure that comes with the 21 Day Fix says that if you don’t have time to do a full 30 minutes, you can substitute the bonus 10 minute ab workout.  But I wanted to do a full 30 minutes of exercise so I went ahead and did 20 minutes of someone else’s lower body exercises and the 21DF Ab Fix workout.

A replacement disc should be on its way any day now.

Diet

As I suspected, yesterday went more easily because I knew what to expect and I already had the grilled chicken ready to go. I just had to reheat it. I simply love the Southwest Blend of spices that are in the 21DF Eating Plan, especially with the ground turkey.  I swear, spices and herbs are food’s saving grace. Egg whites with a bit of red pepper flakes and garlic this morning . . . yummm. Oatmeal with a dash of cinnamon? Sublime!  I am happy eating my way through the third day of the 3 Day Quick Fix.  After today, I start using all of the colorful containers.  I can’t wait to have some raw vegetables again. I miss the crunch of fresh food.

Progress

When I was doing the aborted Master Cleanse, I mentioned that I never reached ketosis, contrary to the many assurances that it helps burn fat.  I was curious to see how the 3DQF measured up.  The past two days I’ve checked my levels and there are trace ketones in my urine.  In spite of my eating oatmeal for breakfast and yams shortly thereafter and lots and lots of veggies, I am reaching ketosis.  Awesome!

8 comments:

  1. Good job, Satia! You are helping me to stay motivated with my own fitness and healthy eating plans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suko, Glad to hear that my posts are inspiring you to stay motivated. Part of the reason I started blogging about all of this was to keep myself motivated and accountable.

      Delete
  2. Way to go! I hope it continues going great for you. Good luck~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JulyCity2009, We'll see what the scale says on Sunday.

      Delete
  3. I agree that spices really help. We tend to forget those when transitioning to healthy foods and then wonder why everything is so bland!

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, The eating plan that comes with the DVDs includes recipes for some seasoning blends and I've been using them. I may make a second salt-free batch (although there isn't very much salt, to be honest). They definitely make a difference.

      Delete
  4. Now this one sounds much better than the cleanse. I could go this! I am slowly losing weight right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, This one is definitely better than the cleanse. Today I start using all of the containers so it should be interesting to see how easily I transition into eating more variety after several days of eating mostly the same foods day after day. I was reading last night and I'm supposed to do the 3DQF again at the end of the 21 days. We have party on the second to last day so I don't know how well I'll do with it the second time around but I'll give it a try.

      Delete