Wednesday, March 11, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 4


Exercise

Today I am on day 4 of 21 Day Fix which means Pilates.  Yaaaay!  I was really looking forward to it too.  I took off my shoes, rolled out my mat, and started the DVD.  Why was everyone else still wearing their sneakers? Confusing. Just not something I’ve seen before.  But my confusion didn’t keep me from doing the exercises.  I didn’t even have to modify except when Autumn led us through the series on our hands and knees and again when we were doing plank. That’s great!  And after yesterday’s very challenging ab exercise, I fully expected to feel sore in my stomach but not feeling sore at all.  My triceps are a bit tight.  There is one exercise I will have to find a modification for because it was not a good one for my knees and, until I am strong enough to hold plank for more than a minute, I have to be on my knees. 

Truth is I didn’t like this workout much at all.  Oh well.  They can’t all be winners.  I definitely felt my muscles fighting.  I’ve lost so much strength in my core and legs because of my knee injury last summer. I’m still working back to where I was.  I have to remind myself that I was also very sick for most of January so I lost momentum during the holidays and then during my illness and recovery.  I’m not sure if I’m taking 2 steps forward and 1 step back or simply running in place.

Diet

Yesterday was the final day of the 3 Day Quick Fix. I reread the information about it and, apparently, you are encouraged to start and end the 21 days doing the 3DQF.  I’ll have to do my best with doing it because Rob and I have a homecoming party to go to, assuming the renovations are done enough for us to leave the house together. But I don’t have to worry about that just now.  Now I need to focus on using all of the containers because today is the day I begin using them all.  Rob and I planned out some of our dinners for the next few days.  Knowing what I’ll be having for dinner and what food containers I’ll be using makes planning out the rest of my day’s food easier. For instance, I know tonight we’re having pork tenderloin with a cabbage stir fry.  The recipe is a favorite, one we’ve made before.  Dinner still leaves me plenty of space to find ways to fill up the containers with breakfast, lunch, and snacks. 

Progress

Not feeling like I’m making progress today. For one thing, I weighed myself and I put on about half a pound. Okay.  I know that’s not a big deal.  Water retention or something similar.  But then I had such a hard time with the workout today . . . bah humbug.  Okay.  I’m done pouting. I’ll use the bike later today (as always) and remind myself that today was just a starting point.  If I continue using these DVDs, I’m bound to become stronger.  Who knows?  In a few months, I may even find the Pilates DVD easy.  Goodness knows, the people doing it on my screen made it look easy.   

2 comments:

  1. My wife loves pilates and says it invigorates her :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OE, I don't know if this was just an exceptionally difficult 30 minutes or if I have lost that much core strength due to my injured knee and using the bike almost exclusively, with walking and such to mix things up, during my recovery. Hopefully, in a few weeks, it will begin to feel easier.

      Delete