Thursday, March 12, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 5


Exercise

Today’s 21 Day Fix workout was cardio. No equipment needed. I had to modify the burpees and mountain climbers, both of which are off-limits for me and my knees.  My quads are a bit sore today after yesterday’s Pilates. I had hoped to use the bike but I never did.  Just too tired after going shopping. Ugh. I hate shopping but we got some things for Bibi’s Easter basket, even though she won’t be in town for the holiday. I’ve reached out to my Team Beachbody coach for a suggestion on what to do to replace one of the moves in the Pilates workout that I know is impossible for me to do.

Diet

I started using all of the little food containers yesterday and it was more complicated than I had anticipated. Why?  Because I made it too complicated. I swear, if there’s an easy way to do it, I would inevitably find a difficult way to do it first. So I did not successfully fill the containers and eat all of the required foods. Nor did I eat six times, even though I’d been eating six times a day during the 3DQF.  Today I plan to do better.

Progress

I really hope to see improvement in how easily I get through these workouts.  Mind you, I’m not pushing myself too hard because I’m trying out the exercises to see where I may find them particularly challenging for my balance or difficult on my knees.  I don’t want to hurt myself trying to start something new.  But it would be nice to see some progress in things like moving from plank on my knees to a full body plank and such.  I know I’m capable.  It’s just a matter of patience, practice, and time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm anxious to hear what this is doing for you. Are you losing weight? Feeling more energetic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, My official weigh-in is on Monday but I did answer your question in my post for Day 6. :)

      Delete