Friday, March 13, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 6


Exercise

Today’s workout for the 21 Day Fix is called the Dirty 30.   Thirty minutes of hard hitting intervals.  I only had a problem with the side plank with a leg lift.  I have to get stronger before I can do this even on my knee and the quick switch from one side to the other is potentially problematic.  I think, until I am stronger, I will do my best on one side for the first set and then do the other during the second set, rather than try to scramble from one to the other.  When I am able to do it without being on my knee, then I will switch sides in a single set. I only used light weights except for the side lunges where I used none.  Still feeling my way through the workouts.  But so far, I have only had to truly modify (by which I mean above and beyond the recommended modifications) on a couple of the other DVDs because of my balance and/or my knees.  So I’m counting this a success.

Diet

I honestly find the idea of the containers a bit of a gimmick.  But an effective one.  I almost don’t want to admit it. However, I find myself eating a more balanced and more mindful diet as a result of the containers.  I know that, over time, I’ll be able to calculate things without the containers. For now, rather than being a mere gimmick they work as a useful tool.  I admit, I miss my grazing. But it wasn’t doing me any good and if this is what it takes for me to lose weight, then I am willing to do this for as long as it takes. 

Progress

My official weigh-in day is Sunday but Betty asked if I am losing weight.  Daily fluctuations aside, I have lost weight. Not a scary amount, just enough to keep me motivated, eager to do the workout and fill the containers to continue seeing results.  I’m almost tempted to do some measurements as well but I’ll hold off on complete measurements until the end of the three weeks.  In the meantime, I can see the numbers slowly diminishing day-by-day and I’ll share how much I lost the first week on Sunday. 

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! It's working! I will be excited to see your results. I may have to give it a try. I am slowly losing now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely not easy but I feel it's manageable and I'm being so careful about my knees and balance that I don't feel overly sore. I feel like I can get through the 21 days and that I'll feel and be stronger after the first three weeks for sure.

      Delete
  2. Great job, Satia! I am motivated by your progress. Enjoy your weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suko, As am I. Seeing results makes it easier to get up and do it day after day.

      Delete