Monday, March 16, 2015

21 Day Fix Day 9




Exercise

Honestly, I don’t have much to say about my morning yoga except that I love it. In twenty minutes, I get off the mat feeling glorious. 

Used the bike but didn’t really push myself.  Hit 7.2 miles in 15 minutes. Not bad. Not my best and that’s okay.

Today I grabbed two pairs of weights—3 and 5 lbs.  The 21 Day Fix Upper Fix wasn’t easy but I never switched lighter weights when we were told to use heavier.  But I simply can’t do push-ups, yet.  I ended up doing a plank after very few repetitions so, during the second set, I did push-outs from the wall.  Believe me, I was still feeling it.  Not sure why but my hands are turning numb when I do crunches lately.  It’s not a comfortable feeling. I need to figure out what is going on. Or, maybe I need to get back to giving myself a self-massage.

Diet

As with most of these infomercial DVD sets, you get a food guide and one of the first things I did was to make the spice blends because I knew that when doing the 3 Day Quick Fix the food could get boring very quickly. I mean egg whites and steamed fish aren’t exactly exciting foods to eat but spices and herbs made it seem like I was eating something new and different each and every time I ate.  Last week I made two of the salad dressings and I’ve been using them on my salads. Yesterday, I even used one as a marinade. So delicious!!!  And no preservatives or chemicals. 


Progress

Last night as I was turning off the lights for the night, I thought something and quickly wrote it down.
What if I weren’t trying to lose weight?
What if I were trying to build muscle mass?
What I were trying to become stronger?
What if I were trying to develop my balance?
What if I were trying to grow more flexible?
What if I had NOTHING to lose and EVERYTHING to gain?

I definitely want to add this thought to my smashbook. It’s a good one, don’t you think? 

PS:  I was right about the water weight.  When I weighed myself this morning, guess which 1.2 lbs was gone?  Yep. Called it!

2 comments:

  1. I think that us the way to look at it. Strong and healthy is a perfect goal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm focusing on this slight shift in mindset, Betty. Trying to focus on the positive that I'm trying to achieve rather than the negative I want to go away.

      Delete