Thursday, July 23, 2015

Rob's Faith is Stronger Than Mine



Yesterday Rob and I were talking about our respective programs (he’s doing Tony Horton's P90 while I’m doing Jillian Michaels’ Body Revolution and Chalene Johnson’s PiYo) and about our fitness goals.  I mentioned to him that I want to be able to do 10 full-body push-ups by June 2016.  He said I can probably do one now, if I only try.

Isn’t he cute?  Anyway, he also mentioned wanting to increase the amount of weight he is using.  Because we use adjustable weights, this is not a problem.  However, I was using 5 & 7.5 lbs and wasn’t sure I was ready to go up.  Not a big deal.  After all, I can simply adjust the 10 lbs back down to 5 lbs easily enough.  But you know, it’s good to occasionally challenge yourself, right?

And that’s how I discovered that not only can I use 7.5 lbs (where I had been using 5 lbs) but I can actually do one full-body push-up.  My form was perfect but the “up” part wasn’t pretty as I oh-so-slowly exhaled and pushed myself back up. 

But I did it!  Yay!

Oh and I promise to have Rob take a short video of me doing my 10 push-ups when I am finally able to do them.  So stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you!! And good for Rob for having faith in you!

    ReplyDelete