Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Surprise! It's Me, Again!


March 1 and July 1

Surprising Myself

Yesterday I mentioned that JMBR asks the user to do a round of cardio in the evening.  I’ve opted not to use the cardio DVD that comes with the program (which I will be doing tomorrow and again on Saturday) because I knew doing the same workout 8 times in one week would quickly become boring.  And I have to use this particular workout the entire first four weeks.  Instead, I hopped on the bike and cranked out 7.5 miles in 30 minutes while reading The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. 

So yeah.  I kinda surprised myself.  Not as much as I surprised my family, however, who were all exuding delight over how much I have managed to do in the past few months.  The “Before/After” picture says it all!  (Quick aside—I told Rob that if the only thing my family complimented me on was my haircut I was going to shave my head before my next visit!  Thankfully, they noticed and my hair remains on my head!) 

In March I began with one workout program, added another in April, switched that one out for another in June (or late May) and then swapped out the first program for another which I finished before I left on my vacation, finishing off the one program I had begun in June (or late May) while out of town.  All in all, I’ve done the following programs:


My mother was soooo amazed with my results that she’s ordered a copy of 21DF for herself and gave me money to buy a few more programs.  I placed my order yesterday.  And even though I probably won’t be starting any of these programs any time soon, I am super excited.

But why won’t I be starting these new programs soon?

Me and my mother
Yesterday, I just started Jillian Michaels’ Body Revolution , which is a 12 week program.  Never mind that we’re leaving on a trip in 11 weeks so I will have to come home and finish off the last week when I get home.  And my son and I started PiYo yesterday; it’s an 8 week program so I plan on doing another round of 21 Day Fix before the trip.  See?  I’m thinking ahead.

I asked my son how he was feeling, after his first day of PiYo and he said: The entire top half of my body is writhing in agony.  I reassured him by saying that tomorrow’s workout would be shorter (it is) and it’s lower body too so he won’t be doing as much with his upper body.  But I did not at any point suggest it would be easier. I wonder if he caught that.  Probably not.  He’ll find out soon enough. Muahahaha!

Morning Workout

JMBR Week 1:  Day 2
Surprised myself some more.  I didn’t go to get my 3 lbs weights because I was working through with 5 lbs just fine.  And I even grabbed a weight during one of the abs sections.  At this point in the program, everything is low impact so I’m not having to modify much.  I did have trouble maintaining my balance on the lunges with a twist but I didn’t fall over.  I felt great afterwards.

PiYo Week 1:  Day 2—Define: Lower Body
I forgot how I feel after these workouts. They are not easy. Not by any means.  But they feel so good!  I am sure my son will be thinking I’m the craziest woman in the world after the workout but if I can do it then I know he can. 

The rest of my day.

I managed to get all of the unpacking done, although I haven’t quite put everything away.  Hopefully by this evening I’ll be able to say that everything is in its proper place.  I also plan on putting together a box of books to be donated to my local library.  As usual, my mother bought me some books so there are homeless (by which I mean shelf-less) books which means I have to do what I’ve been saying I would do ever since the renovation of the great room was completed:  get rid of clutter.  I feel overwhelmed with the task I’ve set for myself but I know that 30 minutes a day will get me where I need to be. It worked with my exercising, where I started losing weight only doing 30 minutes of exercise, and I know it can work with organizing and decluttering too.  I simply need (and I need to want) to get started!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing a great job, Satia! Exercise is a wonderful way to enhance our days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suko, I'm hoping the weight loss will help keep my osteoarthritis from progressing more quickly. It's bad enough to be diagnosed but I skipped all the warnings and landed plop in a "severe" osteoarthritis diagnosis. Ugh.

      Delete