Sunday, July 19, 2015

Weekly Weigh-In and Coloring Books



In my world, this is irony

Weekly Weigh-In

No surprise. I dropped 3.8 lbs (1.7 kgs).  Given that I had gained 5 lbs (2.6 kgs)  on my vacation, I anticipated dropping a few water weight type pounds this week. I certainly don’t expect another large loss next week.  My goal is now 0.5 lb (0.2 kg) per week because I am closer to my goal weight and anticipate that the weight loss will decrease.  By decreasing my goal, I ensure that I’ll continue to feel successful as I continue to work towards my fitness goals. 

This is the longest I’ve gone with progress.  When doing the online boot camp, I had success but that lasted only the 3 months and I could not afford to subscribe to the boot camp after that.  Having a set of DVDs that cost me a flat fee and I can use over and over again without buying more . . . well, that’s just the more logical choice than a subscription that costs more than the set of DVDs.

Of course, Rob would point out that, when you add up how much I’ve spent on DVDs this year, including the DVDs that were given to me as gifts from my children, it’s over what I would have spent on the boot camp so it’s a good thing I found a combination of workouts that works or I’d be super frustrated right about now.

I just need to make time to color
Amazon is amazing, sometimes

While up north, my mother bought me a couple of coloring books (Secret Garden and Enchanted Forest) and some markers.  The book does encourage you to use felt tip markers.  But then I read the reviews and I was surprised to learn that the colors bleed through the paper.  I decided to pick up some pencils while I was out with Kanika yesterday.  I was originally thinking of investing in Prismacolor ones but I didn’t realize how expensive they are.  Ouch.  If I were a professional artist and/or drawing something that I planned on selling, it would be worth the (business) expense.  But I just want a set for hobby purposes so I bought some far less expensive ones and called it a day.  I’ll test the markers on the title page and see if they do, indeed, bleed.  If so, I won’t use them.  If they don’t bleed, I may use them with the pencils to get more nuanced shading and such in my coloring.  We’ll see. 

Taken yesterday evening
First I have to make time

This past week feels like a lost opportunity. In trying to catch up with everything, I accomplished very little.  And I know this is not true, that I did do things.   I packed up a box of books to be donated to the local library, researched a few things for our upcoming trip, spent time with Bibi, with my daughter-in-law, with one of my friends, and, of course, with Rob.  I exercised daily, made a doctor’s appointment, planned meals, etc.  I just didn’t write down any to-do lists and, as a result, I feel like I accomplished nothing.  So today, after I have breakfast, I’m going to sit down with a planner and start getting a grip on a few things.  I have ten weeks to get ready for the next trip, just over six weeks to get ready for some company coming into town, and that’s plenty of time for me to get some things done.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to do a boot camp but I live out in the country and there are none near me.I've been thinking about getting a few adult coloring books. It can be a part of my meditation time. I sometimes feel like I didn't accomplish much, but then I tell myself sometimes you just need a day off.

    ReplyDelete