Thursday, April 28, 2016

5 Day Real Food Detox Day 3



For those who have read my blog for a while and/or read my book review blog, you probably know this is not the first time I’ve done a detox.   The first time my mother went to the New Age Health Spa, we did a juice fast.  She found it impossible while I could have gone longer than the three days we signed up for. 

Later, I studied more about juice fasting and, while I enjoyed the experience, I came to understand that removing the fiber from fruits and vegetables is not as beneficial to the body as eating whole foods. Plus, some vegetables, such as tomatoes and carrots, are actually more easily digested when they have been cooked at least a little. 

This is one of the reasons I enjoyed Nikki Sharp’s 5 Day Real Food Detox.  On Day 3, I had the Detox Smoothie for the first time.  With a hint of cinnamon and a handful of almonds, it is naturally sweet.  Another glorious salad for lunch, and a “taco” bowl for dinner.  The bowl is a Portobello mushroom cap and I added some ground beef to Rob’s.  We both like the flavors.  And because neither of us like guacamole, I had a handful of nuts on the side. 

And yes, that is the most ginormous organic strawberry I have ever seen in my life.  I was almost afraid to eat it alone because I didn't know if I had enough of an appetite to finish what I started. 

No comments:

Post a Comment